A female veteran holding a photo of her when she served

How to Apply

Military & Veterans

The Application Process

Being admitted to an undergraduate or graduate degree program at Belmont and accessing your veteran education benefits involve two separate application processes: applying to your degree program AND applying to the VA for your educational benefits.

Step 1: Apply to Belmont

Once you have chosen your program of interest, your first step is applying for admission to Belmont.

Step 2: Apply for your VA Benefits

You should apply for your benefits at the same time as you apply to Belmont if you haven't already done so.

Next Steps

Once you have been accepted to Belmont, and have applied for your VA benefits, submit the following documents (as applicable to your chapter of eligibility) to Belmont by any of the following means: 



Belmont University
Office of the Registrar
Gabhart Student Center
1900 Belmont Blvd. Nashville, TN 37212.

A COE is generally received from the VA within 3-6 weeks of applying for benefits. A copy of this document is REQUIRED for the student file and is necessary for VA certification. Upon approval and receipt of your COE or your VA Award Letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, submit a copy to the Belmont University School Certifying Official in the Registrar's Office prior to your first semester of enrollment.

Submit a photocopy of your DD214 (member-4 copy) for all service periods if you are the service member.

A Notice of Basic Eligibility is required of those students utilizing chapter 1606 benefits.

Submit an official JST if applicable. You can request an official JST HERE.

Submit official transcripts for any other college coursework earned.

Undergraduate and graduate Yellow Ribbon Program recipients must submit the Yellow Ribbon Election form before the following deadlines: 

  • August 1st: matriculating in the fall semester

  • December 1st: matriculating in the spring semester

  • May 1st: matriculating during summer session

Download the Form

All VA benefit recipients must fulfill the listed requirements and sign the VA Student Responsibilities Checklist.

Download the Checklist

All VA Benefit recipients must complete, sign, and submit Belmont University Statement of Responsibility form.

Download the Form

Second Degree and Graduate students must submit their Program of Study prior to their first semester of enrollment.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

Have Questions?

Our Veterans Success Team is here to help veterans and service members who are prospective and current students. 

Email Us