Belmont University main stone sign at the front of campus

Office of Sponsored Programs

In This Section

The Office of Sponsored Programs

The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) supports faculty and staff throughout the grant life cycle, from initial interest in pursuing a grant, through compliant administration, all the way to grant closeout. Sponsored Programs at Belmont may be in support of faculty research and scholarly agendas, program and curricula development, and other college or faculty-initiated projects. Faculty and staff members who are interested in pursuing external grant opportunities are encouraged to contact Ellen Zinkiewicz in the Office of Sponsored Programs prior to seeking external funding. OSP can provide technical assistance and coordination support for every step of your application process.

Prior to Grant Submission

The Office of Sponsored Programs:

  • Identifies grant opportunities
  • Obtains and interprets grant guidelines
  • Assists in developing a budget
  • Advises potential applicants on gaining required internal endorsements
  • Advises on the completion of sponsor forms and certifications
  • Assists with letters of intent, preliminary proposals, and teaming agreements
  • Assists with navigating government grant submission platforms like and

Once a grant is ready to be submitted, OSP has the authority to submit electronic proposals on behalf of the University. 

Once the Grant is Awarded

The Office of Sponsored Programs:

  • Reviews and negotiates grant terms and contract clauses on behalf of the University
  • Facilitates the establishment of award accounts in the University system
  • Oversees project activity in partnership with the Project Director and the Office of the Controller to ensure compliance with the policies of the sponsor and the University

Want more information on grants and sponsored research at Belmont?

Ellen Zinkiewicz
Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs | 615.460.5721

If you are a student interested in conducting research or applying for a grant with a faculty member, please consult your major professor or faculty advisor.

In This Section