The Office of Risk Management and Compliance strives to create and maintain an environment conducive to the safety of all students, faculty, staff, and visitors while on the university premises or participating in university sponsored activities. Commitment to following Belmont’s generally applicable safety related policies and guidelines at every level of faculty, staff, students and administration is necessary for the realization of such an environment. Specific operational procedures will be established and implemented by each office or department as required for the prevention of personal injury and/or property damage. The Office of Risk Management and Compliance welcome suggestions, questions and feedback on how it may better serve you as well as promote the university’s missions of education in a Christian community of learning and service.
April Khoury, Director of Risk Management and Compliance
(615) 460-6766 ext 6766
Chris Georgoulis, Assistant Director of Safety
(615) 460-6023 ext 6023
For the most significant and urgent threats, Belmont also uses an emergency alert system to quickly notify a mass audience through emails, text messages and/or voice calls. All students, faculty and staff are encouraged to sign up in order to get important news quickly in the event of an emergency.
To enter or update information in Belmont Alerts:
- Sign in to your MyBelmont account and select the “Belmont Alerts Sign Up” link from the “Campus Security and Safety” folder on the left side of the page.
- Your Belmont-affiliated email address is automatically opted in to all emergency alerts.
- You may choose to add notification via text message and voice calls to your cell and/or landline numbers.
- You may also add phone numbers and email addresses of other family members. Please add the emergency contacts you want notified in the fields provided.
For more information visit the Belmont Alerts FAQ page.
During an emergency, immediate and appropriate action is required of every member of the Belmont Community in order to prevent harm to others and ourselves. To ensure that an effective response occurs, each person on campus will need to be familiar with the emergency guidelines contained in this document. Familiarizing yourself with these guidelines will allow emergency personnel to respond more quickly, efficiently, and directly to the crisis at hand.
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES
Buildings to which members of the campus community have taken shelter during an emergency will not close until at least 15 minutes after the emergency has passed and/or stabilized. Students who will need to remain on campus until their ride has arrived may be instructed to wait in an open building, such as Beaman/Curb, Gabhart, etc.
To contact the Belmont University Campus Security in an emergency:
• Call ext 6911 from any campus phone.
• Call (615) 460-6911 from any other phone.