The mission of the College of Education is to teach brilliantly, innovate boldly, advocate passionately, and serve faithfully, and to grow teachers and leaders who embody these ideals.
To be the leading Christ-centered educator preparation program in the world, elevating excellence in our profession, and radically championing life abundant for all students, families, and communities.
What makes us unique?
- Opportunities to engage with children and educators in school and classroom settings from your very first education course taken as a freshman
- Emphasis on advocacy for children, families and communities throughout coursework
- Nationally recognized and locally respected education faculty members with terminal degrees, many years of experience as classroom teachers, teacher leaders, administrators, and teacher educators
- Strong partnerships with Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) and the surrounding districts
- Individualized approach: support with preparing for state-required teacher licensure examinations and clinical placements
- Preparation for effectively integrating technology into your planning, instruction, and assessment practices
- Preparation and practice with designing and delivering engaging, academic standards-aligned lessons
- Preparation and support for using culturally responsive approaches to instruction and classroom management
- A student teaching experience in the final semester of study which includes mentoring and profession support from your mentor teacher, your College of Education faculty, and a clinical teaching supervisor
- 100% career placement rate