Immediately report gas leaks or power outage:
- During regular work hours (Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm) to the Facilities Management Office at
- After regular work hours, on weekends and on holidays to Belmont Campus Security at (615) 460-6911.
- Evacuate the area immediately.
- Do not attempt to shut off or manipulate valves.
- Do not switch on lights or any other electrical equipment. Do not smoke in the area.
- If leak is outside, do not remove any vehicles from the immediate area until cleared by Belmont Campus Security and fire department.
- Account for all building personnel once outside and wait for further instructions from Belmont Campus Security and fire department.
- Help co-workers in darkened areas move to safer locations.
- Secure current experimental work and keep refrigerators and freezers closed.
- Unplug personal computers, appliances and non-essential electrical equipment.
- Open windows for additional light and ventilation.
- Check all building elevators for stranded personnel/students. Advise Belmont Campus Security of locations of any disabled elevators with occupants.
- Follow the instructions given by Campus Security, Facilities Management Division personnel and the fire department.