The first refund date of each semester will be no later than 14 days after the first day of class. Following the first refund date, refunds will be processed weekly. Students who have a refundable credit balance by noon on Tuesday are signed up for direct deposit will receive their direct deposit refund by the following Friday. E-mail notification will be sent regarding the direct deposit refund. For students who have a refundable credit balance and are not signed up for direct deposit, a paper check will be printed and mailed to the billing address we have on file. These checks will be unavailable for pickup. It is the student’s responsibility to maintain a current address.
A credit balance may not be refundable or may be reduced/delayed should of the following apply:
- Belmont University has not received payment from a Third Party
- Student is no longer eligible for Financial Aid that has been applied to their Student Account.
- Student Account has been paid by personal check or ACH payment within the last 12 business days.
- Student has provided written authorization for any credit balance to be held for a future term.
- Student is enrolled in a Nelnet Payment Plan and is not graduating. If there is a credit balance at the end of the spring term, a refund will be processed.
- Institutional Aid is not refundable (Federal, State, and outside aid are applied first to educational charges). Federal Pell Grant and loans are the only refundable forms of Financial Aid.
- Student has received the maximum amount of financial aid allowed by the financial aid budget.
If a student account reflects a credit balance created by a PLUS loan, the PLUS loan applicant will receive the refund. However, if the PLUS loan applicant would like the refund to be issued in the student’s name, written authorization is required each semester.
In order to sign up for direct deposit, follow the instructions below:
- Login to my.belmont.edu
- Click on BannerWeb,
- Click on Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click on View Account/Make Payment. This link will take you directly into your account information.
At the top of the page, you will see several tabs.
- Click on the tab for My Account
- Click on My Profiles.
- Click on Add a Payment Method
- Select Electronic Check
- The next screen will ask for the actual banking information (routing number and account number). Make sure that all this information is correct. If the information is incorrect, there could be a delay in the processing of your refund.
- In order to make this account active for direct deposit, you must check the box next to the statement “Please check here if you would like refunds to be deposited into this account”.
- Click Save
- You will then prompted to complete the agreement authorizing credits to your bank account. Signing up for direct deposit does not require you to make a payment.